Friday, May 1, 2009

The engagement of Jennifer and John

I've been having a lot of fun with couples lately photographing them celebrating their engagement. Jennifer and John picked the Antietam area for their photos. Outdoorsy types, they wanted the casualness of the woods, creek and environs.
As with most of these sessions, the first fifteen minutes or so is a warm-up and then the real emotion and moments begin to happen. I love the opportunity to photograph couples before their wedding day. It gives me a chance to see what they think is fun, what poses they may enjoy and we become comfortable with each other. This is much better than showing up and introducing yourself on the day of the wedding!


John had the suggestion for this pose and it really turned out beautifully!

I think the look of Jennifer's eyes is stunning in this photo!



Jennifer thought she'd like to try out John on his ability to dip her and I got this photo of real joy. I think we decided the dip was fun but we may not try it as one of their wedding picture poses!
Thank you Jennifer and John!




No comments: