Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Wedding of Jennifer and John

The wedding of Jennifer and John was held at Chanteclaire Farm in Friendsville, Maryland, in the area of Deep Creek Lake. I had never been there before so I showed up REALLY early to scope everything out. What a cool and eclectic place it was! It was a huge renovated barn full of everything and anything loved by the owners Fred and Christiane Bergheim. The grounds were beautiful and tranquil with a view of a pond and fountain from the gazebo where they wed. I hear the food was fantastic as well.

I'm constantly amazed at the unique and individual ways my wedding couples have personalized their weddings, from the venue choice, down to every small detail. I can honestly say, no two have been similar and each stands out for different things.
Jennifer and John really spent a lot of time thinking of ways to personalize the wedding. Instead of numbers, the table cards were the names of places and things they had done together. Framed images of them together and growing up with family and friends were displayed throughout the two story venue. Since the wedding was outdoors and it was a bit hot, the programs were made into fans.

These spring weddings keep us on our toes! Again, we got really lucky! The weather was fantastic right through most of the outdoor photos and then it rained off and on the rest of the evening. No worries there, I broke out an umbrella I had purchased especially for lightly rainy weddings. Jennifer and John were old pros at posing after their engagement portrait session with me so we took some really fun photos with that umbrella!

A fantastic wedding all around! Thank Jennifer and John!

Check out the next post to see their slideshow!

No comments: