Monday, April 6, 2009

Winning some awards! yeah!

Learned that I placed in the Wedding Photojournalist Association contest in the silhouette category for this photo from Stacy and Tony's wedding. I enter at least one image from each of my weddings in their quarterly contest as there is alway some amazing moment or emotion that happens. That is one of the reasons weddings are such a joy to photograph and no two are alike.
This little flower girl was so adorable and she did a great job! It's tough walking down the aisle to all the ooh's and aah's! Maybe she's looking a what she has yet to become?

I also found out I won an award for my editorial work at the Hagerstown Herald-Mail newspaper which I work for on a part-time basis. The award is from the MDDC (Maryland Delaware D.C area) which judges the entries from newspapers of similar sizes in those states. They keep the photo you won for and the place a secret until the awards banquet so I won't know until after that. I have a feeling it was a photo of a bear vaulting a fence in downtown Williamsport! Not your typical photo.....

No comments: