Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jessie and Matt (and J.D. too!)

A big shout out to Jessie and Matt who gave me my first opportunity to shoot an engagement portrait session downtown. The two are big fans of Frederick so we shot all their photos within a short distance along Carroll Creek despite the graying skies and the threat of rain at any minute. I had so much fun trying angles and environments I hadn't shot in before,I could have spent at least another hour photographing throughout our urban setting but we all would have been exhausted!
They brought J.D., their dog as well and he was like a big dog in a little body, scrambling and tugging hard to get to his "mom and dad" for every shot.

They are also big photo fans and are putting some photographic touches in their wedding. I won't say what so I don't spoil the surprise for their guests, but I'm really looking forward to seeing everything at the wedding. They both have an eye for photos and Matt had a cool suggestion for a background in one of their photos. (Look for the writing on the brick behind them).

At one point, I told Jessie to look serious like she was thinking, "yeah, I'm hot" and then she cracked up laughing. I told her she was made to smile so we let that natural joy come out in her and even in the few where she's not smiling, her eyes are!
Check out their session slideshow!

No comments: