Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Wedding of Shannon and Matt

This wedding was special to me because I felt like I really got to know Shannon and Matt. They had booked with me the earliest of all my 2009 couples. We took their engagement photos in the freezing cold in DC. with Harley their dog, in tow, and wrapped in a pink blanket between takes. With those photos, we created my first photo guestbook,. which they used at the wedding.

Then they came to my part of the world, with Harley,of course, to have holiday photos taken. I was there to witness the purchase of their first Christmas tree as a couple.
We saw or emailed each other periodically throughout the year, so by the time the wedding arrived, I felt like they were good friends of mine getting married.

This was also a special wedding because it was the first one I had some video captured and incorporated it into the slideshow. I love video! It brings a whole new dimension to the level of storytelling of the day.

I have to give a special shout out to Ceresville Mansion. It had been raining most of the day and it looked like there was no chance that Matt and Shannon would have their wedding outdoors at the pergola. Fifteen minutes before the scheduled wedding time, their coordinator announced that it hadn't been raining for a bit and they were very rapidly setting up for the outdoor wedding. I think Shannon could have kissed him! The ceremony weather was rain-free and we had about fifteen minutes of photographing after the ceremony before the rain came down again. I was so impressed with the staff and their quick turnaround to make this couples day complete. Kudos Ceresville!

Shannon and Matt, I wish you all the best and hope to know you for years to come!
Thank you for the priviledge of photographing your wedding.

2 comments:

First Lady C said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! This truly captures the entire event! I love it! Kelly, thank you so much for everything. You are an amazing photographer and we appreciate all the hard work you put in to our wedding. The pictures are phenomenal!

Shannon

Lynn said...

Wow! That is amazing. Your pictures are all so good. The video puts it all together so well. Kelly, you are such a wonderful photographer, and such a specia; person too. You always made everyone feel so comfortable, and the pictures always look so natural.

Lynn