Friday, April 29, 2011

Tillman' s first year, in Review!

Tosha and Brad were one of the first couples whose rehearsal dinner and wedding I photographed after moving back to Maryland. And what a wedding it was! It felt like everyone there was family. There was a lot of love and laughter. They were so natural with each other and we captured some amazing moments between them. Some of those photographs became the cover and inside spread for the Frederick magazine's wedding issue (see sidebar).

So I was very happy when they called me to photograph their first child, Tillman. I knew he would be something special.
We put Tillman on the Baby's First Year plan and I got to watch him grow physically, and see his changing personality at several different times throughout his first year. One of my favorite images of him is from one of our first sessions. He is sitting in a large leather chair, all relaxed and spread out and the thought that came to my mind was, "he looks like the chairman of the board!" And that's how I've thought of him since. Of course, he's a baby, so he's adorable and fun but there's a serious side to him. There's a little man in there! Tillman has a wonderful future before him and a lot of love around him. Thank you so much toTosha and Brad for the privilege of getting to know him and to document a small part of this amazing boy's life.

The chairman of the board. :)

I just love this smile!
How cute is this?
From our final session. I thought it was such a great image of mother and son.
A video of Tillman's first year. How fast it goes!

No comments: